Copyright ©2019 Medisense Healthcare Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved
How to Cleanse the Gut
The 4 step formula to cleanse and repair your gut rests on these basic principles -
Remove: All possible toxins, allergens and gut-unfriendly substances from your diet.
Replace: The diet with all essential micronutrients like magnesium, good fats, complex carbs, fibre, vitamins, protein as well as digestive enzymes like proteases, lipases, cellulases and amylases among others.
Reinoculate: It is important to ensure that your gut's flora flourishes and that can be done with the help of pro/prebiotics. Add as much of these to your daily diet at spaced intervals.
Repair: Make relevant changes to your diet to fix and patch up the leaky gut.
"Gut health is extremely essential for good health. There is enough research that validates that lifestyle diseases are associated with poor digestion. Leaky gut is a condition many people suffer from and as a result skin conditions, IBS, asthma, slow metabolism and other health issues," Shilpa Arora ND, a renowned Health Practitioner, Nutritionist and certified Macrobiotic Health Coach.
Few Points to Keep Handy
- Make eating a visual and a mindful process. You need not count calories if eighty percent of your meal comprises fresh vegetables and twenty percent good quality protein and essential fats.
- Have smaller, frequent meals and take time to chew your food properly.
- Food combinations matter, pair your food wisely: Always pair veggies and greens with protein but never combine animal protein (seafood, fish, poultry and meat) with vegetable protein (beans and lentils).
- Cut down on the big three - alcohol, caffeine and sugar.
- If possible, add vitamin B complex supplement in your routine after consulting with your doctor.
- Drink plenty of natural fluids and exercise regularly.
- Drink a glass of water with lemon juice first thing in the morning. Go light on dinner. Sleep on time, keep stress at bay.
- Add green tea to your routine.
- Maintain a diet journal and notice what dietary switches or inclusions made an impact on your gut health.
"You can include coconut water, apple cider vinegar, curd, buttermilk, fermented beverages, fermented veggies, kanji and bananas in your diet to ensure that your gut is clean and healthy," shared Shilpa.
Although some of the basic rules remain same for all, every person's physical composition differs. There is no one formula that should ideally fit all. Diet should be tailor-made to suit an individual in the best possible way. Get in touch with a certified nutritionist to get your personal clean gut programme.
Always seek a medical second opinion before making any medical decisions. Visit https://medisensehealth.com/second-opinion
If you need hassle free appointments with the best doctors in India visit https://medisensehealth.com/appointments
If you need to know who is the right doctor for your treatment, consider visiting https://medisensehealth.com/your-doctors
If you are an international patient, see how medisensehealth.com can help you. Visit https://medisensehealth.com/international-patients