Medisense Healthcare Solutions Private Limited
(Medisense) is in the business of rendering Information Technology Services and provides online platform (www.medisensehealth.com) for the doctors empanelled with it (Consultant) to give second opinion to the users of the said platform.
Notice of Privacy Practices for Medisense
Medisense allows consumers to consult Medical Expert via Email, web-conferencing, tele-conferencing and live video feed.
Information that may be collected
In order to use Medisense, you are asked to create a user ID(enter an e-mail address) and password, which we refer to as your Medisense ID or Case ID or credentials. After you create your ID, you can use the same credentials to sign in to this service. This process will allow you to manage your profile and/or account; search Consultants; submit documents (including previous scans and documents) and ask specific queries addressed to the chosen Consultants.
The first time you sign in to Medisense, you will be asked to create an account, also known as your profile. To create an account, you must provide personal information such as name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, gender, and other pertinent data that will be used by your provider.
Medisense will use the e-mail address you provide when you create your account to send you an e-mail requesting an account validation. Your e-mail address may also be used by Medisense to send reminders, changes in schedules, messages from our Consultant, or health related programs as described in this privacy statement.
Medisense also creates and maintains a record of the care and the services you receive. Some examples of the information collected or created through this process are your history details, uploaded data and image files which complete your consultation record, video files associated with all consultations, electronic medical records that may be uploaded or created as a result of treatment, medical test results and prescription records.
How information about you may be used by Medisense
Medisense will use the information gathered primarily for providing Second Opinion, as discussed in Section IV of this Privacy Notice. However, in other instances, non-personal information collected may be used for statistical analysis, improvement of services, and customization of web design, content layout and services.
Security Criteria at Medisense
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) enacted by the U.S. Congress, guarantees privacy rights. This Notice applies to various areas of our service encompassing our employees, staff, trainees, volunteer groups and other health care workers who may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment and operational purposes. The law allows us to do so in order to provide efficient health care services.
(a). Your rights concerning your medical information
You have the right to view and get a copy of your medical information. This will be available on your account for a stipulated period of time and you retain access to the same for that period of time. You may change any medical information that you think is wrong or incomplete. You may have a list of certain disclosures we have made about you. You may specify your preferred mode of communication. You may ask for restrictions on the information that we share about you. If you think your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to register a grievance and we will take corrective measures forthwith. You have the right to a paper copy of this Notice. We reserve the right to make changes to this Notice. We will post a current Notice whenever you utilize our services.
(b.) Our pledge regarding medical information
We value your privacy and will do our best to protect your medical information. We create a record of the care and services you receive through Medisense. We need this record to give you complete and comprehensive care.
This Notice tells you about the ways that we may use and share your medical information. It also describes your rights.
(c.) How we may use and share your medical information
We may use and share your medical information as listed below. Not every possible use or disclosure will be listed. However, all of the ways we may use and share information are covered by one or more of these areas.
- For Treatment.We may use your medical information to give you medical care. We may share your medical information with Consultants, nurses, technicians, students or other Medisense workers. For example, departments may share your medical information to plan your care – this may include case sheets, prescriptions, lab work, reports and x-rays. We may share parts of your medical information with people not at Medisense, such as partner firms that provide you medicines as well as access to investigations, etc. This may also include referring physicians and home health care nurses who may be treating you, in the future.
- For Payment.We may use and share your medical information with others who help pay for your care, such as insurance firms.
- For Health Care Operations.We may use and share your medical information for our operations. These uses and disclosures help us run our programs and make sure our patients receive quality care. For example, we may use medical information to review our treatment and services. We may use medical information to measure the performance of our staff and the quality of their services. We may share medical information with Consultants, nurses, technicians, students, and other health care workers for teaching purposes.
- Business Associates. We may contract with outside businesses to provide some services for us. For example, we may use the services of transcription, laboratories or collection agencies. Under such contracts, we may share your medical information with them to help them assist you better. These contracts require businesses to protect the medical information we share with them.
- Reminders.We may contact you to remind you about your schedules for medical care.
- Treatment Alternatives.We may use and share medical information to inform you about different types of Treatment available to you. We may use and share medical information to inform you about other benefits and services related to your health.
- People Involved In Your Care.Unless you specify otherwise, we may share your medical information with a family member or friend who helps with your medical care. We may share your medical information with a group helping with disaster relief efforts. We do this so your family can be told about your location and condition. If you are not present or able to say no, we may use our judgment to decide if sharing your information is in your best interest.
- Research.In support of eHealth initiatives, we may use and share your medical information for research. We will only use and share information for research after obtaining your consent or if the used data does not expressly identify you in any way.
- As Required By Law.We will share your medical information when required to do so by Laws of India.
- To Prevent A Serious Threat To Health Or Safety.We may use and share your medical information to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or that of others. We will only share your medical information with persons who can help prevent the threat.
(d.) How we may use and share your medical information-special situations
- Public Health Risks.We may share your medical information for public health activities. We may do so as required by law. For example, we may share your medical information:
to prevent or control disease, injury or disability;
- to report births and deaths;
- to report child abuse or neglect;
- to report reactions to medicines or problems with products;
- to tell you about product recalls;
- to tell you if you have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contacting or spreading a disease or condition;
- to notify concerned legal authorities if we believe a patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence. We will only share this information when ordered or required by law.
- Health Oversight Activities and Registries.We may share your medical information with government agencies that oversee health care. We may do so for activities approved by law such as audits, investigations, inspections and licensure surveys. The government uses these activities to monitor the health care system, outbreak of disease, government programs, compliance with civil rights laws, and patient outcomes. We may share medical information with government registries.
- National Security.We may share your medical information with the proper officials for the purpose of national security.
(e.) Your rights regarding medical information about you:
You have the following rights regarding the medical information we maintain about you:
- Right To Inspect and To Receive Copies. You have the right to view and receive copies of the medical information used to make decisions about your care. This would be available in your Medisense Account for a limited period of time, we may charge a fee for the costs of processing your request, post the expiry of this period, in case we have not deleted the records.
Right To AmendIf you think that medical information we have about you is wrong or incomplete, you have the right to change the record yourself by logging into your Medisense account or to ask for an amendment to your record. To ask for a change to your record, you must make your request in writing and submit it to customer service. Also, you must give a reason to support your request.
We may say no to your request for an amendment to your record. We may do this if the request is not in writing or in absence of a valid reason to support the request. We may refuse your request if you ask us to amend information that:
We did not create, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment;
- Is not part of the records used to make decisions about you;
- Is not part of the information which you are permitted to inspect and to receive a copy;
- Is accurate and complete.
- Right To an Accounting of Disclosures.Youhave the right to receive a list of disclosures we made of your medical information. This list may not include all disclosures that we made. For example, this list will not include disclosures that we made for Treatment, payment or health care operations. To obtain this list, you must submit a request in writing on the approved form. We will give the form to you upon request.
- Right To Request Restrictions.Youhave the right to ask for a restriction or limitation on the medical information we use or share for Treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to ask for a limit on the medical information we share with someone who is involved in your care or in the payment for your care. Such a person may be a family member or friend. We are not obliged to grant your request. To ask for restrictions, you must make your request in writing on a form that you can obtain upon request. You must tell us:
What information you want to limit, How you want us to limit the information, and
To whom you want the limits to apply.
Right To a Paper Copy of This Notice.You may ask us to give you a copy of this Notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to get this Notice electronically, you still have a right to a paper copy of this Notice.
- Revisions to this notice
We may update this Notice to show any changes in our privacy practices. We reserve the right to make the updated Notice effective for medical information we already have about you. The updates will also stand effective for any information we receive in the future. We will post a copy of the current Notice in the places where you receive services. The effective date of this Notice is on the first page, in the top, right-hand corner.
If you think your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies assist in providing non-personal information from you as an online visitor. It can be used in the customization of your preferences when visiting our website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. At your option, expense and responsibility, you may block cookies or delete cookies from your hard drive. However, by disabling cookies, you may not have access to the entire set of features of the Website.
- Security on our Website
Secure interaction:When you interact on our web site, all of your information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our web site from capturing and viewing your personal information. Medisensealso takes the following measures to protect your personal information online:
- Passwords:To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Medisense will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls, or E-mail messages).
- Information:Since any other information you provide to us on our website will be transmitted using a secure connection, if your web browser cannot support this level of security, you will not be able to receive services through our website. The most recent versions of Chrome, Safari, Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox can support a secure connection and can be downloaded for free from their respective websites.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, Medisense cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us on our web site.
- Merger or Bankruptcy
Our Website is not designed for children, and we do not seek to collect any information from children including those under the age of 13.
- Public Information
Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any personally identifiable information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
- Links to Other Websites