Area's of Interest/Expertise : Computer Navigated Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
1. Hip Surgery, Hip Replacement (THR)Computer Navigated Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
1. Hip Surgery, Hip Replacement (THR), Hip Resurfacing, Revision Hip Replacement
2. Specialised surgery for AVN (avascular necrosis of the head of the femur)
3. Minimally invasive hip replacements with rapid recovery
4. Difficult hip replacements made easy (deformed hips, stiff hips, previous Girdlestone, previous arthrodesis, severe protrusio, ankylosing spondylitis)
5. Complex techniques (Acetabular & Femoral Impaction grafting, Structural allograft acetabular reconstruction, Periprosthetic fracture management)
6. Complex Revision hip replacement (including multiple past revision surgery & previous infection)
Knee Surgery, Knee Replacement (TKR), Revision Knee Replacement
1. Knee resurfacing/Oxford unicompartmental knee surgery
2. Minimally invasive knee replacements with rapid recovery
3. Difficult knee replacements made easy (bad valgus/varus knees, flexion contractures, deformities)
4. Complex Revision knee replacements (including periprosthetic fracture management, proximal tibial reconstructions, previous infections)
Arthroscopy and Sports Surgery
1. Management of Sports injuries
2. Arthroscopic Knee Surgery - Microfracture techniques, ACL Reconstruction, Meniscal repair, menisectomy, debridement & abrasion chondroplasty, lateral release, arthroscopic tibial plateau fracture fixation, medial patellofemoral ligament repair, cartilage transplants)
3. Surgical reconstruction of the unstable knee (ACL, PCL, multiligament reconstructions)
4. Arthroscopic Shoulder surgery – Bankart repair for recurrent shoulder disclocation, Rotator cuff repair, frozen shoulder release surgeryRead more
Professional Contribution :Extensive hands-on training in Joint replacement & Arthroscopic surgery from the best centres in UK Extensive hands-on training in Joint replacement & Arthroscopic surgery from the best centres in UK and Germany.
One of the 1st in Asia to perform Hip Resurfacing surgery.
1st in Asia to perform Computer Navigated Hip Replacement.
Reviewer for the Journal of Rheumatology, one of the topmost indexed rheumatology journals.
Author of the chapter “Arthritis Surgery” in “Textbook of Rheumatology” published by the Indian Rheumatology Association.
Co-Author of the chapter “Hip Resurfacing, pages 763-781 in textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery” by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
International & National Faculty at several Hip and Knee Surgery Meetings, Courses & Workshops Worldwide, including meetings of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, Indonesian Orthopaedic Association, Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA), Asean Arthroplasty Association, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Chinese Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, and other State level Orthopaedic Associations.
International Faculty at Worldwide “Intelligent Hip and Knee Surgery Courses”.
Invited to be listed in International Who’s Who.
Doctor to Indian Cricket Team for on-site injury management, 2003 – 2005.
Elected as Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK), in view of his exceptional caring and commitment to the care of the injured.
Awarded the Diploma in Surgical Resuscitation by the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK)
Trained in Advanced fracture management from leading centres in UK, Germany and Switzerland.Read more
Awards / Publications :Author of Chapter: Hip Resurfacing in American textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic SurgeAuthor of Chapter: Hip Resurfacing in American textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery” by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
Author of Chapter: Surgery for Arthritis, in Manual of Rheumatology, an Official Publication of Indian Rheumatology Association.
‘Prevention of deep vein thrombosis after hip and knee surgery.’
‘Prevention of bedsores in Orthopaedic patients.’
‘Paper on blood loss prevention after total knee replacement.’Read more